- September 5, 2019
- Category: Announcements, Uncategorized
TITLE: Senior Project Manager
START DATE/ TIME: October 2019
DURATION: 3 month with the possibility of extension
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 6, 2019
SUMMARY: The Public Journalism Club team is seeking a full time Senior Project Manager to carry out our EU funded project on human rights in closed institutions, to provide leadership, professional representation, and skillful management of the NGO’s project.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the head of the organization and other team members involved in the project and ensure that all activities are implemented on time, within budget, in accordance with PJC and donor policies and procedures, and produce their expected deliverable. S/he will manage and oversee the implementation of all the aspects of the project and will be representing the PJC, communicating and coordinating with donors, co-applicants and implementing partners, and other key stakeholders. As appropriate, the incumbent will also represent the PJC in all of its activities to donors, collaborating agencies, government institutions, and other stakeholders in Armenia.
This position requires substantial experience with the management of large scale projects and program evaluation in developing country settings, and preferably in the field of human rights. It also requires the ability to work well with professionals and staff from a wide range of national and international organizations; and excellent management, leadership, and communication skills. The ideal candidate should also have an experience of strengthening capacity to conduct presentations and to facilitate negotiations with stakeholders and partners.
The Senior Project Manager will:
- Oversee the EU funded human rights project and project related activities and be the contact point for PJC partners, and the field staff.
- Develop and adjust project strategies and work plans to ensure project success;
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified;
- Ensure that project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the donor organization, values and mission of the larger program;
- Be responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans as well as program and project communication efforts;
- Ensure internal stakeholders needs/expectations are met and promote transparency through communication across the organization;
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project;
- Oversee the preparation of project work plans and reports;
- Lead and motivate the project team and monitor project activities and project expenditure and coordinate work with consultants and volunteers in the project;
- Ensure that project and personnel files are properly maintained and kept confidential;
- Employ flexibility, creativeness and resourcefulness in project design, implementation and monitoring including overseeing the problems of the projects, identifying and implementing out of the box and presenting innovative solutions;
- Own project objectives and ensure staff and partners are kept on track to achieve results;
- Inform the Project Leader of any risks or issues associated with the required outputs;
- Write reports for donors/partners on progress of the project;
- Present project highlights at meetings and forums/conferences;
- Develop and foster effective working relationships with stakeholders’ representatives;
- Identify relevant organizations and establish strategic alliances to explore areas for collaboration and expanding and strengthening program impact.
- Engage in fundraising activities.
- Higher education;
- At least 2 years first-hand experience in project management, performance monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning;
- Proven ability to draft, edit, and produce result focused reports;
- Experience working with the Government, donors and civil society and international organizations;
- Excellent command of office software, strong computer skills;
- Proficiency in Armenian and English, good command of Russian.
The Project Manager should demonstrate competence in the following:
- Behave Ethically: understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Senior Project Manager will usually work in an office environment but the purpose of the project may sometimes take him/her to non-standard workplaces.
- Project Managers work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to meet project milestones.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit a CV/ Resume and a cover letter in English to [email protected] . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.