Vacancy Announcement for Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (PJC)
- October 28, 2021
- Category: Announcements
VACANCY: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
DEADLINE: November 5, inclusive
CONTRACT DATE: Immediate
PROJECT DURATION: 20 months
DURATION OF EMPLOYMENT: Six months; two months upon the project launch and three months towards the end of the project
ORGANIZATION: Public Journalism Club NGO
The Public Journalism Club (PJC), with the support of the U. S. Embassy in Armenia (U.S. Department of State) is implementing the Media/Information Literacy Accelerator Project, with a total duration of 20 months. The PJC is currently seeking candidates with relevant qualification to fill in the vacancy of the monitoring and evaluation specialist.
The monitoring and evaluation (M&E) specialist will work under direct supervision of the project leader and will be responsible for successful implementation of the following objectives:
Upon the launch of the project:
- Familiarize themselves with the project proposal, annexes and the logical activity chart.
- Plan the project’s M&E actions basing on the projects’ logical activity chart, expected outcomes, relevant indicators to be checked, and overall goals and objectives of the project.
- Present the M&E plan to the project team: team leader, accelerator leader, project assistant, and communication officer.
- Provide the project team with the M&E plan and the working guidelines, assessment forms and the work plan schedule for the plan implementation.
- Plan focus group discussions with participation of project beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Maintain regular contact with the project team to respond to the current questions and specify further actions.
Towards the end of the project:
- Provide the final project monitoring and evaluation based on the data collected by the project team, findings of the focus groups and other activities arising from the M&E plan.
- Produce the M&E report in English in compliance with approaches specified by the U.S. embassy.
- Ensure the presentation of the M&E findings to the donor agency together with the project report.
Required skills and experience:
- Master’s degree in sociology, economics, management or other related field.
- At least three years of work experience in M&E planning and M&E reporting in the NGO sector projects.
- Expertise in M&E implementation in compliance with the requirements of international donor organizations.
- Ability to compile documents, analyze contents and findings.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office package.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Excellent ability to work and communicate remotely, including the email.
To apply for this job, please submit the following:
- Send your CV to the following email address: [email protected]. Please indicate “Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist – NAME SURNAME” in the subject line of your letter.
- Please list in your CV the contact details of maximum three former managers and/or clients who can speak of your professional skills.
- Please provide details (references, contact details, other information) of the projects in which you were responsible for M&E planning and reporting.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
Since its establishment in 2011, the Public Journalism Club NGO has focused on public awareness on the developments in the country, promotion of media literacy and critical thinking, professional assistance to media organizations and media workers, voicing and protection of human rights, advancement of processes fostering the democracy.
Further information about the Public Journalism Club, its activities and current project is available on PJC website.
#գործկա #ՀԼԱ #PJC